The SendSafely for Service Cloud App is included in all enterprise plans and is available for free download from the Salesforce AppExchange.
The purpose of these instructions is to assist Salesforce system administrators with the setup of the SendSafely Service Cloud Lightning Components after the SendSafely for Salesforce package has been successfully installed into the current Salesforce organization.
The core of the SendSafely Lightning components is a custom Canvas application, that runs as a Salesforce Connected Application. Setup Step 1 is for configuring the OAuth and access control policies for the SendSafely Canvas Application and Setup Step 2 walks through how to enable the SendSafely download and upload features of the Canvas application on a Lightning Case record page.
Requirements: Service Cloud, Service Cloud Record page configured for Case object, Salesforce edition must have API access enabled
- If you are installing into a Salesforce Sandbox organization you must replace the initial portion of the installation package URL with https://test.salesforce.com
- If you have an existing version of the package already installed in your Salesforce edition, you may need to uninstall that version before proceeding with the installation of the current version. Before uninstalling you will first need to remove the existing SendSafely components from Case pages where they are setup.
- Installation instructions are using the Salesforce Classic interface.
Step 1: Setup OAuth Policy & Profile Access for admin pre-authorization of approved users
This step is only required if the Salesforce system administrator is pre-authorizing the use of SendSafely for approved users.
- Navigate to Quick Find box -> Connected Apps and look for "SendSafely Canvas Application” in Master Label column
- Click the “Edit” link in the associated Action column
- Under OAuth policies, select “Admin approved users are pre-authorized” from the Permitted Users dropdown box setting. Click the Ok button when prompted.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page
- From the Connected Apps screen click "SendSafely Canvas Application” link in Master Label column
- Click “Manage Profiles” button under the Profiles section. Check off appropriate profile(s) that should have access to the application and click the Save button.
Connected App Detail page for SendSafely Canvas Application, highlighting “Admin approved users are pre-authorized” OAuth policy and an example profile configured for access to the application
These same Salesforce Profile(s) configured to access the SendSafely Canvas Application also need access to this SendSafelyCanvasLifecycleHandler class.
To assign the Profiles follow these steps:
- Go to the Salesforce Setup console screen and type "Apex" into the Quick Find box
- Click Apex Classes.
- Click "Security" on the SendSafelyCanvasLifecycleHandler class.
4. Select the Profile(s) that should have access, click Add, and then the Save button.
Step 2: Edit Lightning Case Record Page to Run the SendSafely Component
This component allows uploading and downloading files from SendSafely that are associated with the Salesforce Case object from within the Salesforce Service Cloud interface.
- Navigate to Quick Find box -> Lightning App Builder
- Edit the custom Lightning record page where the SendSafely application will run.
- Under Custom - Managed, you should see “SendSafelyLightning”
- Drag SendSafelyLightning to the record page. We recommend running within the left or right sidebar of your Lightning Case Record Page
Lightning Record page with SendSafelyLightning component dragged onto it
Please note that links and agent comments that are submitted using the SendSafely Service Cloud App will be posted to the Chatter Feed for the case as a FeedItem of type LinkPost.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.