This article is intended for SendSafely customers who wish to re-brand their SendSafely enterprise portal due to merger, acquisition or other reason. The re-branding process involves the following steps:
- Logo, Color Scheme and Name Change
- Email Remapping
- URL update
Step 1, the logo, color scheme and name change has minimal impact on the portal and can be performed at any time. Step 2 and Step 3 must be scheduled with SendSafely Support in advance, and be performed at least one week apart. As part of the re-branding process, our Customer Success team will also reach out to you directly to verify the specifics of your re-branding request and assist with any questions you might have related to the re-branding effort. Below are detailed instructions for each step.
Step 1 - Logo, Color Scheme and Name Change
Any user with Admin rights in the SendSafely portal can update the logo and color scheme from the Enterprise Console:
- Navigate to Account Badge Icon (top right corner) > Enterprise Console menu option
- Scroll to the Color Scheme and Logo Section
- Choose a logo file, and update the Header and Link color
- Click Save Changes
Name changes (i.e. "Demo Corp" in the below screenshot) can be requested by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2 - Email Re-mapping
Enterprise email re-mapping (i.e. updating login credentials to reference the new email addresses) is performed by SendSafely Support. Existing passwords remain the same and account history and configuration remains intact. The re-mapping request must be initiated by a SendSafely Enterprise Administrator to the SendSafely Support Team. Requests must include the following:
- New email address domain to be configured for your SendSafely organization profile
- One-to-one mapping of old email address to new address for each user - i.e.
- Date you would like the email re-mapping to be performed
For security and identity verification purposes, the request must be made by your organization’s SendSafely Enterprise Administrator and submitted as a SendSafely secure message from the administrator’s SendSafely account. Please follow these steps:
- Log into SendSafely with an Enterprise Administrator account
- Click the "Send" link, than "Add Message", and type a secure message that includes the information required for the change(s) that you are requesting
- Add email@example.com as a recipient
- Click the green Submit button, copy the secure link into an email with the subject "Request to perform email address re-mapping", and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Re-mapping is typically scheduled to occur after hours on a week day. One week is required between this step and any URL updates to ensure any authentication issues can be researched and resolved without unnecessary complication.
Step 3 - URL Update
URL updates where you would like to change the domain of your SendSafely portal to newurl.sendsafely.com, or choosing a custom domain hostname, must be initiated by a SendSafely Enterprise Administrator in a request to the SendSafely Support team. For security and identity verification purposes, the request must be made be submitted as a SendSafely secure message from the administrator’s SendSafely account (Please refer to the instructions from Step 2 for how to send this request as a secure message). The SendSafely Support team will reply back confirming the requested date of the URL update, and where necessary provide any additional instructions that might be relevant to your URL update.
Users accessing the old portal will be automatically redirected to this new URL for login.
EXISTING SECURE LINKS
Existing secure links for download of items sent/uploaded using the old URL will continue to work as normal
ACCESS TO OLD ITEMS FROM THE SENDSAFELY PORTAL HISTORY PAGE
HARD CODED REFERENCES TO THE OLD URL
Subject: IMPORTANT - SendSafely URL changing to [newurl.sendsafely.com] evening of [January 1st, 2020]
The [COMPANY NAME] SendSafely URL will be changing from https://[oldurl.sendsafely.com] to https://[newurl.sendsafely.com]. This change will occur on [Monday January 1st, 2020] after normal business hours.
Please note the following important items regarding this change:
Prior to the change, please export a copy of your trusted device key (from your primary browser) when logged into SendSafely at https://[oldurl.sendsafely.com]. Once the new URL https://[newurl.sendsafely.com] is activated, you will import the previously exported device key the first time you login. This will ensure you can access your items from prior to the changeover from your History page when logged into SendSafely. Here is a SendSafely Help Center link that will walk you through that process:
- When first accessing the new portal URL, choose "No" when asked to trust the browser if you want to use your existing device key. Then go to the Edit Profile -> Trusted Devices screen to import the existing key file.
- If you do not export your key prior to the change, you will only be able to access your items from prior to the changeover using links with the old URL. We recommend that you export prior to the change, as this is the best way to ensure you are able to retain access to all of your items.
After the change, please be aware of the following:
- Your browser will be automatically redirected to https://[newurl.sendsafely.com] when attempting to access https://[oldurl.sendsafely.com].
- Any old links to download items will still work, but all new items sent with SendSafely will use https://[newurl.sendsafely.com] in the link.
- Any active workspace will require updated links be distributed to collaborators, or the existing link will need to be manually updated to use the new https://[newurl.sendsafely.com] hostname at the start of the link.
- Please update any hardcoded references from the old URL to the new URL, such as the personal URL in your email signature or links to Dropzones, etc.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the switch to https://[newurl.sendsafely.com] you may send an email to email@example.com.