To allow the SendSafely Dropzone to update existing Salesforce cases with secure links for file downloads, a SendSafely Dropzone Connector application must be configured in your Salesforce platform as a Connected App. Follow the below steps for creating and configuring a new Connected App.
Step 1: Create New Connected App
Open the Salesforce Classic view by clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen and selecting Switch to Salesforce Classic under Options.
In the Salesforce Classic View, go to Setup, and then type “App” in the Quick Find box. In the menu on the left-hand side of the screen, look for and select: Build->Create->Apps
Click “New” button under Connected Apps section. From the New Connected App screen, configure the following sections:
The following fields are required:
- Connected App Name - Enter a descriptive name like “SendSafely Dropzone Connector”
- API Name - This is auto populated by default based on the previous field (customize if needed)
- Contact Email - Enter email address of application administrator
API (Enable OAuth Settings)
- Check the “Enable OAuth Settings”
- Configure “Callback URL” - for now, check off Enable for Device Flow, and it will default to a Salesforce specific URL
- NOTE: If you are using the Google Apps Script Dropzone Connector, this setting will need to be updated to the OAuth2 Redirect URI during the Dropzone Connector Setup.
- Add the following OAuth Scopes:
- Full access (full)
- Manage user data via APIs (api)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
- Check the “Require Secret for Web Server Flow” setting (if not already checked)
Click the Save button and then the Continue button when prompted. You will be redirected to a summary page showing Basic Information and API (Enable OAuth Settings) just configured.
- NOTE: Under “API (Enable OAuth Settings)”, you will see the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret fields, which will be needed during the Dropzone Connector Setup.
Step 2: Configure Policies for Connected App
Policies can be configured from the Connected App Detail page, which can either be accessed from
- The Connected App summary page by clicking the Manage button (presented in UI at end of Step 1) or
- Type “Manage” in Quick Find Box. In the menu on the left-hand side of the screen, look for and select: Manage Apps->Connected Apps & click “Master Label” link of Connected App just created.
Once on the Connected App Detail page, click the “Edit Policies” button and the Connected App Edit page will be displayed. On this page, do the following:
- Under the OAuth policies section, select
- “Admin approved users are pre-authorized” from the Permitted Users drop down box. When prompted, click the OK button.
- “Refresh token is valid until revoked” radio button for the Refresh Token Policy.
- Optionally configure an application specific Timeout Value under Session Policies. This will determine how long the OAuth access token issued to the application remains active for, before a token refresh is required.
- NOTE: The Dropzone Connector automatically initiates the token refresh process if an expired OAuth token is detected
- Click the Save button
Returning to the Connected App Detail page, click the “Manage Profiles” button and select the Profile of the user account that will authorize the SendSafely Dropzone Connector Salesforce Connected App during the Dropzone Connector Setup. Once selected, click the Save button.
The SendSafely Dropzone Connector Salesforce Connected App setup is now complete.