Portal Admins can specify the default, minimum and maximum package expiration for all users in their SendSafely portal. Expiration settings are managed in the Enterprise Console and apply to all packages sent using the web portal, Chrome extension, Outlook and Gmail email integrations, and the API. Dropzones and Workspaces are not impacted by these settings.
Expiration Settings are displayed under the Site Configuration Options section of the Enterprise Console. Values can be set between 1 and 365 days.
- New users added to the SendSafely portal will automatically inherit the default organization expiration setting. Users can change their default setting at any time in their own Edit Profile screen, however individual settings must fall between the shortest and longest days allowed.
- No changes are made to the default settings on the Edit Profile screen for existing users, unless current individual settings are outside of the allowed organization range. If individual settings are outside of the allowed range, they will be automatically updated to the minimum, or maximum allowed (whichever value is closest).
- Organization settings are applied to new packages only. Existing packages retain the expiration value set when the package was created.
- Users can continue to update expiration on a package-by-package basis on both the Send Items Screen and Status page, however package expiration cannot be set outside of the allowed range.
- Files are automatically deleted 5 days after expiration. Organizations that use their own Amazon S3 file storage have the option to disable file expiration and/or disable file deletion. For more information on using your own file storage, please see our help center article.