Protecting your files from unauthorized access, even by us, is the cornerstone of our platform. While we can never see the contents of any files you upload, there is certain information about your files that we do have access to. In an effort to be as transparent as possible, we list the information we store about each of your packages below.
The specific meta-data attributes about each package that we store are listed below. This information can be viewed by you at any time from the Activity History and Package Status pages within the site. For enterprise users, this information is also accessible by authorized enterprise administrators.
- File Meta Data - We store the file name and size of each file that is uploaded in a package
- Recipient Information: We store the email address and mobile phone number (if SMS authentication is used) for each recipient
- Download Information: Every time a recipient downloads a file, we store the date/time of access and their source IP address
- Package Creation Time and Expiration Time: The date and time the package was created and expires
- Package Description: The optional description you provide for the package